Society, Culture and Innovation
Starting from an increasingly consolidated model of integration between humanities and social sciences with scientific-technological research, FBK is able to steer the application of Artificial Intelligence towards scientific-technological innovation in synergy with social and cultural innovation: investigating issues that are critical for the contemporary world from a historical point of view; interpreting the relationship between religion and innovation to contribute to its improvement in contemporary society; analyzing the effects of the measures taken by the Public Administration in order to change the living conditions and behavior of organizations or people in various areas of society.
The main strengths of FBK’s contribution to the humanities and social sciences are:
- a holistic approach to knowledge;
- an interdisciplinary research-action centered on innovation;
- the strong local roots and at the same time a solid national and international network, gained in almost fifty years of activity;
- the provision to the community of services and tools based on a new generation of AI, which does not take over people at work and in life, but collaborates with them for their well-being;
- the strong investment in FBK human capital and continuous growth.
- ALCIDE – Analysis of Language and Content in a Digital Environment: transdisciplinary project created with the aim of developing a web platform-based technology for the analysis of political discourse on the corpus of documents represented by the writings and political speeches of Alcide De Gasperi, to make them freely available in electronic format.
- DICO-DI-NO – DIscorsi d’oDIo e culture giovaNili Online (Online hate speech and youth cultures): project-action that targets high school students with the aim of promoting a reflection on stereotypes, prejudices, discrimination and verbal violence against religious minorities, with particular attention to the analysis of hate speech spread through the web, social networks and the media in general.
- SMAILE – Simple Methods for Artificial Intelligence Learning and Education: the project, that targets young adults and children, aims to promote an effective use of the tools made available by Artificial Intelligence by promoting a deep and aware knowledge of its principles, codes, characteristics and applications.
- ASTRA – Trentino historiography archive: the project intends to enhance the contents of the major historical journals in Trentino, allowing access to the Trentino historiographic archive and extending its use to a non-specialized public as well as outside the local circuit.
- JUDIT– Judicaria digitale e interattiva – interdisciplinary project involving various actors in Trentino aimed at the design and creation of digital and three-dimensional content – to be used through a web portal, QR code and augmented reality applications for smartphones and tablets – for a number of cultural sites in the area of the Giudicarie Valley and the Alto Garda area.
- HATEMETER – the project aimed to systematize, increase and share knowledge about anti-Muslim hatred online and to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of NGOs in preventing and combating Islamophobia in the EU. The project developed an ICT tool (the Hatemeter platform) that automatically monitors and analyzes internet and social media data on this phenomenon and produces computer-aided responses and suggestions to support counter-narratives and awareness campaigns. The Hatemeter platform has been tested with three NGOs from EU Member States where the scale of the problem is considerable: France, Italy and the UK.
- KID ACTIONS – the KID_ACTIONS project aims to tackle cyberbullying among children and adolescents through interactive education within formal and non-formal learning contexts across the EU. The project intends to support teachers, educators and youth workers in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of education on the risks and effects of cyberbullying; raise awareness among high school students and youth centers and encourage victims and witnesses to report cases.