Top Research institute in Italy, ranked at the 1st place for scientific excellence within 3 different subject areas (ICT, History and Sociology) and for the economic and social impact according to the quality of research ANVUR evaluation for the period 2010-2014.
Fondazione Bruno Kessler is a research non-profit public interest entity.
Being the result of a history that is more than half a century old, through 2 scientific hubs, 7 research centers, 410 researchers, 2 specialized libraries, 7 laboratories, FBK aims to results of excellence in science and technology with particular emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches and to the applicative dimension.
We achieve this thanks to our constant attention to collaborations and exchange activities with research organizations, both institutional and corporate, national and international, which extend our innovation capability and involve the community and the local economy in the circulation of knowledge and technologies.
From the expertise built in 30 years of research to an innovative vision for the Artificial Intelligence of the future, this is the mission of the FBK Strategic Plan for the decade 2018-2028.
FBK directs its research to the experimentation of an Artificial Intelligence that collaborates with people and does not replace them.
The holistic vision of FBK orients the numerous competences to AI:
- For scientific-technological innovation (ICT Centers, Create-Net, Materials and Microsystems)
- For social and cultural innovation (ISIG, ISR, IRVAPP Centers)
FBK, since July 2018, has been also part of:
- The new National Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems (AIIS), which gathers over 600 Italian researchers from 40 universities and top research centers, such as FBK, the National Research Council (CNR) and the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- CLAIRE, Confederation of Laboratories for Artificial Intelligence Research in Europe, a European artificial intelligence initiative with more than 1,800 supporters
The Mission of Fondazione Bruno Kessler can be summarized in five main points:
1. Scientific research of excellence
2. Attracting talent and resources
4. Social and technical innovation
5. Impact on the local communities
Strategic Plan and Executive Plan
- The Strategic Plan 2018-2027 defines the ten-year strategy of the Foundation, identifying strategic objectives and how to achieve them
- The Executive Plan 2018-2020 implements the strategic plan, defining the specific actions for the current three-year period
Discover two of our strategic objectives through our informative flyers. Other in-depth studies will be soon available.
- Industry 4.0
- Next Generation Internet – Smart Cities & Communities
- Health and Wellbeing
- Big Science
- Environment and energy
Thanks to the new explorer.fbk.eu tool, transparency becomes usable. We value a visual approach to data with the aim of improving access to information on the Foundation’s work and activities. This tool is added to the one in compliance with the transparency regulation.
For any further information about FBK organization, please visit FBK – Transparent administration.
Statute and constituent acts
Board of Directors
- Francesco Profumo – President
- Ilaria Vescovi – Vice President
- Maurizio Bisoffi
- Alberto Carli
- Flavio Deflorian
- Roberto Della Marina
- Speranza Falciano
- Simona Heidempergher
- Anna Perini
- Maurizio Sobrero – President
- Marco Ajmone Marsan
- Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini
- Luigi Gambardella
- Marco Gori
- Guido Pellegrini
- Roberta Ramponi
- Francesca Rossi
- Pasqualina M. Sarro
- Andrea Vacchi
- Eckart Conze
- Riccardo Pozzo
Board of Auditors
- Marcello Condini – President
- Franca Della Pietra
- Lucia Zandonella Maiucco
- Anna Postal – supply member
Founders and Supporters Board
- Autonomous Province of Trento (Founder)
- Comune di Trento
- Comune di Rovereto
- Camera di Commercio, Industria, Artigianato e Agricoltura della
- Confindustria di Trento
- Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto
- Federazione Trentina della Cooperazione