INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN EVENTS ORGANIZED BY FBK
Pursuant to art. 13 of EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR), and in general in observance of the principle of transparency set forth in the above Regulation, are herewith the following information regarding the processing of personal data of the participants in events organized by FBK.
1. PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING
Your personal data will be collected and processed for the following purposes:
a. participation registration to the event (conference, seminar, meeting, talk,…);
b. processing and compliance with pre-contractual requirements;
c. processing and compliance with contract related requirements;
d. supply of contract related main and/or optional services;
e. processing and compliance with provisions under Acts, regulations and EU requirements;
f. processing, operational and reliability&solvency needs, processing of questions of law;
g. networking and research;
h. mailing of institutional informative material;
i. document the event for institutional, archiving and communication purposes including, but not limited to, the following categories and/or similar categories: presentations, reporting documents, creation of informative material, communication activities on institutional channels and/or through local, national and international press and through websites and social networks (as regards the data indicated in point 3. lett. b.).
2. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING AND DATA PROVISION OBLIGATION
The legal basis for the processing is the performance of the contract to which the data subject is party (participation at the event). The legitimacy to the processing of data derives from the fact that it is necessary for you to participate at the event organized by the Foundation and for us to fulfill the related contractual and legal obligations. Refusal to provide such information will make it impossible for you to participate at the event.
As regards the above purpose indicated with lett. h. and the processing of special categories of personal data indicated at point 3, lett. c., the legal basis for the processing is the explicit consent given by the person concerned during the registation. Given consent is optional, but refusal to give such consents will make it impossible for FBK to inform you about its institutional activities (i.e. newsletters) and/or to give you special attention during the catering service.
3. TYPE OF DATA PROCESSED
The following data categories may be processed for the above mentioned purposes:
a. Personal particulars, i.e. name, surname, contact phone numbers/e-mail addresses, home address;
b. Data revealing the person’s image and voice, i.e. video, audio, photographic, digital, electronic or any recordings (called also “recordings);
c. Data concerning any allergy, illness, and/or dietary needs or restrictions.
4. PROCESSING METHOD
Your data shall be processed:
- manually and through automated means, on paper and/or electronic records;
- by individuals authorized and properly trained by FBK to perform such tasks;
- by using proper measures to ensure confidentiality and avoid access by non-authorized third parties;
- in contexts that do not compromise the personal dignity and the decorum of the person concerned, ensuring the necessary precautions to guarantee the protection in the use.
We inform you that the public event may be recorded and disclosed on FBK and/or co-organizers’ institutional channels. If the interested party prefers to not be recorded or photographed he/she must inform the FBK staff beforehand.
In order not to be filmed or recorded during virtual events, you will always be able to disable the webcam and/or mute the microphone.
No automated decision-making process, nor any profiling activity is planned.
5. PROCESSING LENGTH
The personal data collected shall be retained for no longer than is necessary for managing the event activities and for fulfilling the contractual and legal obligations, with gradual cancellation of data related to specific purposes once they are no longer pursued.
Video-photographic recordings shall be stored in order to document the institutional, archiving and communication related activities including, but not limited to, in the categories described in item 1, lett. i. and/or in similar categories.
6. DATA SHARING
Without prejudice to communications required to fulfil legal and contractual obligations, all data collected and processed may be shared, exclusively for the purposes specified above, to:
- Registration system;
- Project Partners;
- Project auditors;
- Insurance company;
- Travel agencies, transport companies, printing companies;
- Hotels, tourist services and similar;
- Venue managers;
- Police, security services (in case of very big events requiring special consideration by the police officers);
- Companies offering proceedings and paper submission collection and management;
7. PLACE OF DATA PROCESSING
The personal data shall be ordinarily processed mainly within the European Union or or through automated means and IT tools that involve the processing in countries, such as the United States of America, for which the Commission has taken a decision on the adequacy of the protection of personal data.
8. RIGHTS OF THE PERSON CONCERNED
Pursuant to Section III of the GDPR, you shall be entitled to exercise the following rights to:
- request access to your personal data and to obtain a copy therof;
- if the legal conditions exist, oppose the processing of your data, request their cancellation or exercise the right of limitation;
- withdraw at any time any consent given to the processing of personal data and such withdrawal will result in the end of treatment;
- if you deem them inaccurate or incomplete, request their correction or integration respectively;
- ask for the portability of your personal data to another subject in such a format that they can be easily consulted and used;
- advance a dispute to the Supervisory Authority (Privacy Authority).
For specific information and contacts regarding the protection of personal data, including the exercise of the rights referred above, please send an e-mail to .
9. DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller is Fondazione Bruno Kessler, with registered office in Trento, via Santa Croce, 77 – – Ph. +39.0461.314.621-227.
10. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) designated by the Controller pursuant to art. 37 of the GDPR, may be reached via the following channels: , Ph. +39.0461.314.370.
Updated on April 28, 2020