Identify signs and drivers of zoonotic diseases emergence and digital data resources for Epidemic Intelligence
MUSE – Museo delle Scienze
Corso del Lavoro e della Scienza, 3, Trento
This workshop will provide a forum for showcasing current research and findings in the field as well as for identifying critical questions and future research challenges including the provisioning of new tools and data for Epidemic Intelligence and highlighting the interdisciplinary approaches needed to meet them under the One Health umbrella.
The scientific program will be organized in 6 sessions with plenary lectures by invited speakers followed by a presentation session (oral or posters) from MOOD partners and other invited experts, with a final round table discussion. Other side events will be organized to disseminate the key messages arising from this workshop.
Day 1 – 28 September 2022
Theme: Which drivers and how do they affect disease emergence?
- Climate and environment as drivers of infectious disease: the evidence;
- Biodiversity loss, wildlife conservation and management, wildlife host traits;
- Socio-economical drivers of diseases emergence;
- Biology and molecular properties of emerging and new pathogens
Day 2 – 29 September 2022
Theme: What methods and tools can be applied to drivers to provide early warning and rapid disease risk assessment?
- Innovative modelling methodologies that enable risk modelling and mapping;
- Automatic data acquisition via web-scraping.
Final round table.
Partners are invited to submit their abstract to feature in the presentation session (oral or posters) from MOOD.
Deadline: June 15th