EIT Digital deephack
Merchants have hard time to digitalize their shops to create a new customer experience and be ready to answer to new digital needs and behaviors of their customers, in loyalty, mobile payments, customer relations. Current solutions require different devices and non-integrated apps. The majority of Merchants have no strong digital and strategical skills to create a full digital transformation strategy for their store, have limited budgets and no clear starting point for their transformation.
The new generation of Olivetti Cash Registers will help Merchants to digitalize their store by creating a connected digital hub, which manages various applications: Payment, Loyalty, Warehouse, Taxation, Digital Touchpoint etc. With just one device and a certificated App store, they will be able to control different aspects, ranging from customer relationship, internal processes, communication, social marketing and free time (e.g. by managing Social Profiles).
Come up with concepts, demos and apps which utilize Olivetti’s next gen cash register as a digital hub to better manage shops and create unique customer experiences. Small shops could be eg. restaurants, deli shops, fashion shops and souvenir shops.
1. Cash prize for the winning teams €4,500 (payable in Amazon gift cards)
2. Consideration for inclusion in the Olivetti APP Store Partner Program
How to join
1. Apply for the challenge at ultrahack.org/trento2019 and complete your profile.
2. Enter a ‘submission’ by adding the project name and thorough description.
3. Add team members. Teams can be up to 5 people. Each team member needs to register individually to join the submission.
4. Shortlisted teams will be invited to the event, where they will code and pitch their solution to the judges.
CLOSING DATE: 19 Sept 2019